Learning a foreign language
In this blog, I am going to share some information about learning a foreign language.
I am from India and I am living in Japan since 2010. From my personal experience I felt that, any person who wants to survive in any foreign country, one must learn that country`s language to lead a very comfortable and independent life.
Also people who wants to learn about other country`s culture language is very important.
Anyone can learn a language by joining a full time intensive certified course from a language school spending huge money and time.
But it`s not easy for the people who don`t have time and can`t afford money.
Also these certified courses are not guaranteed for one to get master in a foreign language.
So here are some tips or methods to get master in a foreign language without spending money or allotting special time,
- Make the language learning as like your daily routines such as eating, sleeping etc. Allotting a minimum time (even 10min a day) senses a lot in language learning.
- Set a simple and achievable goal for each level of learning. (e.g) Ten words a day etc. So that you don`t feel burden.
- Establish friendship with the native speakers. By this one can acquire the native style of the language. Also it helps to improve the listening and conversational skill.
- One of the most common barriers to conversing in a new language is the fear of making mistakes. It should be overcome and should not hesitate to converse.
- It’s a good practice to connect the language learning with your hobbies. For (e.g) if the hobby is watching movie, then watch the movie in the foreign language you wish to learn.
- Start writing your daily life moments (like writing diary) using simple words. It will help you to learn and use the vocabularies relate with your daily life.
- Start using gadgets that can assist you in your language learning.
- Engage yourself in some volunteer activities where you can get chances to learn and practice the language parallely.
- It is not necessary but still it`s a good habit to evaluate your language skill by taking language proficiency level test. That will give you confident and motivate you to continue the learning to next level.
- As per the saying, “Practice makes man perfect”, proper practicing of language will help you to get master in any foreign language.
The above shared contents are from my personal experience.
I feel that these tips have really worked for me. So I would like to share through this blog.
Thank you very much for your attention.